Surface FinishHard Bakka: Experienced, Reliable and Affordable Steel Fabricators
Hot Dip Galvanizing
The Hot Dip Galvanizing process involves dipping fabricated steel into a bath (kettle or vat) of molten zinc. All mild steels can be galvanised, including all different shapes, sizes and weights.
Some of the benefits of this finish include:
- Lowest long-term cost (has a long life and requires little maintenance).
- Lasts in excess of 50 years in most rural environments, and 20 to 25 years plus, even in severe urban and coastal exposure.
- Excellent resistance to mechanical damage.
- Reliability (coating and performance are reliable and predictable).
- Not dependant on weather conditions and a full coating can be applied in minutes.
Powder coating is a process involving finely ground particles of pigment and resin electrostatically sprayed onto the metal. The item is then heated up in a curing oven producing an attractive smooth coating.
Benefits of powder coating include:
- Economical, long-lasting and resistant to chipping, scratching, fading and corrosion
- Protects the environment (contains no solvents and release negligible amounts of VOC’s) and less waste in application
- Twice as thick as other paints
- Provides a uniform, high-quality finish with an unlimited colour selection
- Highly efficient (requires only one coat and completely cured within 20 minutes)
We work with the latest industrial-grade paints to give our clients a cost-effective and long-lasting finish for their mild steel. Correct surface preparation is essential, and we can also manufacture paint warranty for up to 10 years and some advice on maintenance, and preventing premature degradation of the steelwork.
- Lower cost (wet paint is more economic for smaller jobs)
- Variety of colours and a thinner finish
- Attractive and functional
Epoxy coatings are tough and versatile, extending the longevity of steel structures in harsh environments. An epoxy finish is also ideal for harsh chemical environments as they are designed to maintain their integrity.
Benefits of Epoxy include:
- Chemical resistance
- Easy to clean
- Durability (epoxy becomes extremely solid upon curing)
- Resistant to extremes in temperature
At Hard Bakka we apply a range of finishes to our manufactured steel structures to give you the results you need. We also offer advice on what surface coat is suitable for your needs in order to save you money and give you the best results. Talk to our expert steel fabrication engineers now if you are unsure of the surface coating that best suits your structure or project.